Hypnobirthing Secrets – How To Use Positive Thinking And Self Hypnosis To Relieve Labor Pain And Create A Positive Birthing Environment
New mothers around the world have been reporting a natural childbirth experience they described as painless, gentle and even orgasmic. When I heard this I had to find out…
“What was the big secret they had discovered?”
That was how I discovered hypnobirthing…
Hypnobirthing is the act of training your mind using positive suggestions and “self hypnosis” to relieve pain and create a gentle and loving birth.
Despite the funny name it sounded like a good idea to me. So I enrolled in hypnobirthing classes and began a magnificent journey of discovery and re-creation. I immersed myself in Hypnobirthing scripts and Hypnobirthing CDs that described pregnancy and birth as being a natural, beautiful and empowering gift that I was capable of doing.
When I started hypnobirthing traning my focus began to shift from fear and worry to feelings of peace love and trust. Those feelings carried me through my pregnancy and birthing time. It was magical. In this article I’ll share with you how hypnobirthing can help you have a wonderful birth and share some of my favorite hypnobirthing techniques.
Should You Take Hypnobirthing Classes or Is It Something You Can Do On Your Own?
There are some techniques that you can begin mastering right now without taking hypnobirthing classes. They can be as simple as focusing on positives instead of negatives. Quit watching movies and TV shows that depict birth as being a horrible painful and dangerous act and start watching natural childbirth videos of real woman birthing their babies naturally. Create an imaginary bubble of protection that acts to shield you from absorbing the harmful energy from women you may meet that insist on telling you negative birth stories.
Although all of those steps will help you create a positive state of mind, I would still recommend enrolling in a class if you can. In a hypnobirthing class you are introduced to deep levels of relaxation and are given great tools such as hypnobirthing CDs and hypnobirthing scripts to practice on your own or with your partner. I found that taking a hypnobirthing classes also helped to keep me on track. It was a lot easier making the proper time for me and my baby when I had a weekly class to report to and home assignments to do.
The Joy of Hypnobirthing Scripts
Hypnobirthing scripts are used to introduce positive messages directly to your subconscious mind. This is something they call self hypnosis.
How it works is you commit to a daily practice of setting time aside to lie down and relax allowing your mind and body to completely rest and fall into a meditative state. In this state of deep relaxation your subconscious mind becomes open to suggestions. Your partner reads to you hypnobirthing scripts that contain positive suggestions about giving birth such as: “Your body was made to give birth to your baby perfectly”. They are only suggestions though. It is up to you to choose to accept them.
In addition to Positive Suggestion Hypnobirthing Scripts there are also regular clearing sessions that use hypnobirthing scripts to assist you in releasing negative or dangerous thoughts so that they don’t manifest themselves into harmful emotions such as fear and self doubt, which can prevent your body from relaxing and opening properly during birth.
When you allow yourself to accept the suggestion that birth is positive, wonderful and empowering an amazing transformation begins to happen. You develop great faith, trust and love in your body and the natural birthing process, and trust in your body and baby’s ability to work together with it perfectly. All of the negative ideas, fears, worries and self doubts can be replaced with calm surrender, confidence, love and trust in the upcoming birth of your baby.
Hypnobirthing CDs follow the same basic concept as the hypnobirthing scripts. Most of them are listened to and absorbed by the subconscious mind while you are in a relaxed meditative state. They assist in rearranging your beliefs to focus on positives.
Hypnobirthing CDs are handy to use on your own when your partner isn’t available. Sometimes there are also CDs that you can listen to in the background while doing housework and other things. There are also hypnobirthing CDs which can be listened to during your actual birthing time that act as a reminder to open yourself, flow with the birth, and relax deeply while you calmly and peacefully birth your baby.
I found the CDs very helpful during my birthing time to keep my attention away from self defeating thoughts and quickly replace them with positive and inspiring ones.
How To Use Hypnobirthing Techniques To Make a Positive Difference In Your Pregnancy and Birth
- Shift your focus, always choose positives – It is always your choice what you choose to focus on and accept. Be conscious of not allowing negative ideas to creep into your thoughts about birth. They can seriously disrupt and harm your positive mindset. Instead focus on allowing only positive feelings and ideas to be accepted, so that when it is time for you to birth your baby you can be free from all negative emotional disruptions and able to remain calm, focused, relaxed and confident. In this peaceful state of acceptance and surrender pain is rarely experienced because the Momma is able to completely open and relax her mind and body. You should also start rearranging the way you speak to avoid using negative phrases. It is always better to focus on and say positives such as “relax” instead of “stop tensing up”. Sometimes just hearing the word “tense up” can make us tense up where hearing the word “relax” can help us to relax.
- Practice remaining calm and relaxed - Begin making the stressful situations in your life work for you instead of against you. When you are standing in a long line, or in a crowded airport, or you’re stuck in traffic, late for work, or bombarded with gossiping nannies telling stories of 20 lb babies being ripped out of them, use this potentially stressful situation as an opportunity to practice remaining calm, peaceful, and in control. If you can perfect this exercise then when your birthing time arrives it will be easier for you to transform birth from a potentially stressful situation into an opportunity to practice remaining calm focused relaxed and confident.
- Create your bubble of protection - Even if you’ve vowed to stop polluting your mind with the horrible Hollywood images of births gone wrong, and have made an effort to surround yourself with only positive people, you still run the risk of falling victim to unwanted negative advice and birth horror stories. If you allow these horrible thoughts to enter into your mind they can act as a dangerous poison that eats away at your confidence and spoils your potential. You can prevent this from happening by creating an imaginary bubble of protection around your entire body and especially around your baby. Whenever you hear an unwanted opinion just imagine it bouncing right off of your bubble and disappearing into the distance. Only allow positive feelings and ideas to penetrate your bubble.
What Hypnobirthing Stories Have in Common…
After discovering hypnobirthing thousnds of Mommas are experiencing wonderful natural childbirth, and I have heard many of their positive and inspiring hypnobirthing stories.
What these stories all have in common is they all come from woman with a great desire to give their babies the best start in life, and a willingness to open their minds and lovingly accept and embrace their role as a giver of life.
You too can prepare yourself and your baby for birth with the help of hypnobirthing classes and hypnobirthing techniques and give beautiful, gentle, calm, peaceful and possibly painless birth. What makes hypnobirthing successful is the belief and confidence you place in yourself that allows you to open up and flow with the birth.
- Hypnobirthing Techniques- 5 Easy Steps to Create a Positive State of Mind During Pregnancy & Natural Childbirth
- Hypnobirthing (VIDEO)
- Natural Childbirth: 7 Simple Secrets to Eliminate Labor Pain
- Childbirth Classes – The Most Loved Natural Childbirth Classes and How They can Help You to Have a Better Birth